Dancing in the Dark is a week-long residential retreat taking place near Glastonbury in Somerset. The dates are as follows:
- Sunday 15th April 2018 - arrive between 5.30 and 6.30pm
- Sunday 22nd April 2018 - depart between 2 and 3pm
Dancing in the Dark is a fully-immersive week-long experience. It isn’t possible to dip in and out of it, for the safety of yourself and the whole group. You should commit to attend from start to finish. If you have any questions about this, please email Newman (newman @ sacredpleasures . co . uk)
Dancing in the Dark takes place at the beautiful EarthSpirit Centre in Compton Dundon (near Glastonbury) in Somerset.
In pricing this retreat we’ve aimed to strike the right balance between making it accessible and acknowledging the value of the experience.
We have priced in four tiers as follows:
- Super Earlybird: £1090
- Earlybird: £1190
- Regular: £1290
- Practitioner: £1090
- Concession: £990
The price of the retreat includes:
- the course led by Dossie & Newman and supported by Sir Claire Black & Gayatri
- your accommodation from Sunday 15th to Sunday 22nd April
- all your meals from dinner on the 15th til lunch on the 22nd
- tea and snacks throughout the week
- use of the hot tub and sauna from Wednesday through Sunday
Super Earlybird: a discounted rate available until Sunday 5th November 2017
Earlybird: a discounted rate available until Sunday 7th January 2018
Regular: the regular rate for participants who are not eligible for the concession or practitioner rates
Practitioner: the rate for sexuality professionals, healers and other practitioners of similar work (see below)
Concession: a reduced rate for those who earn less (we'll ask you a bit about your circumstances when you apply)
Some info for practitioners
We particularly welcome sexuality professionals, sexual healers, somatic sex coaches and others whose work will benefit from attending this course. The practitioner rate is available to graduates of the following training courses:
- Urban Tantra Professional Training Program
- Sexological Bodywork Practitioner Training
- Psychosexual Somatic Therapy Practitioner Training
If you are a graduate of a course we haven’t mentioned, or you’ve been in professional practice for over three years, please let us know when you complete the application form. It is our intention to include as many practitioners as possible on this retreat so it’s likely we'll be able to offer you the Practitioner rate if you can demonstrate that you work in this field full-time.
EarthSpirit offers the following accommodation options:
- double or twin rooms (shared bathroom)
- double or twin rooms (ensuite bathroom) - £50 supplement per person
- caravans with a double bed and camping toilet (shared bathroom)
- a seven-person dorm
- camping in the grounds with your own tent - £50 discount per person
The standard options are included in the price of the retreat and are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. For a supplement of £50 per person, it’s possible to upgrade to a double or twin room with ensuite.
If you prefer to have a room by yourself, you pay a single-room supplement of £100.
If you prefer to camp in the grounds of the centre, you get a discount of £50 per person on the price of the retreat.
EarthSpirit offer healthy, hearty vegetarian meals which are included in the price of the retreat.
If you have special dietary requirements (e.g. dairy or gluten free), you’ll pay a special diet supplement of £50.
When you apply for this retreat you’ll be offered three payment options:
- Option 1: pay the full fee upfront
- Option 2: pay 50% upfront and pay the balance by Monday 12th March 2018
- Option 3: pay 25% upfront and the rest in monthly instalments (available until the end of 2017)
Whichever option you choose, payments are made by bank transfer to a UK business bank account. If you're sending the money from an overseas bank you're responsible for any charges associated with transferring the money.
If you need to cancel your place at Dancing in the Dark, we apply the following cancellation terms:
- if you cancel by 4th March (6 weeks before retreat): we issue a full refund minus a £50 cancellation fee
- if you cancel between 5th March and 1st April (3-6 weeks before retreat): we refund 50% of the full price of the retreat
- if you cancel anytime after the 1st April: we do not issue a refund
These cancellation terms are specific to this event and supersede the usual cancellation terms you’ll find on our website.
I’M READY TO BOOK - WHAT’S NEXT?
So you’ve read everything about the event and you’re ready to sign up? That’s brilliant! We're excited to welcome you at this powerful retreat and share this journey with you.
Here is the booking process from here:
- Click on the link below to complete the application form. We’ll ask you a few questions about your experience, why you want to do the retreat and what kind of place you’re applying for.
- We’ll review your application. We aim to get back to you within 3 working days, but sometimes it might take as long as a week before we reply. If we don’t feel you’re eligible for this retreat, we'll write and let you know. If we aren’t sure about your eligibility for this retreat, we may arrange a chat with you on the phone or over Skype.
- If you’re approved to attend, our administrator Richard will email you with details of how you pay to confirm your place. Your place is not confirmed until you make your initial payment (either a deposit or the full fee, depending on which payment option you’ve chosen).
- Once we’ve received your first payment, your place is confirmed.
- If you have subsequent payments to make, please complete these according to the agreed schedule. We appreciate you taking self-responsibility for paying on time and you risk losing your place if you don’t.
- We’ll send you full joining instructions by Sunday 25th March at the latest, giving you three weeks to prepare for the retreat. If you don’t receive these please check your Spam - our emails sometimes go in there. If you still don’t see the joining instructions, please let us know as soon as you can so we can re-send them to you.
This is the booking process and we're grateful to you for your support in making this work. With a retreat like this it can be complex to manage bookings and payments, so please help us by taking care of yours as best you can. Thank you so much!
Are you ready? If you are, please click on the link below and complete the application form.